Author: Beth
•Friday, June 19, 2009
As a writer, one of the most frustrating things is when the words just don’t do justice to all the emotions and thoughts that you’re yearning to spill out. Since I’ve returned home , my heart has been overflowing… but the sentences still remain muddled in my head. I think it will take quite some time to process everything that I learned. I’m really not much of a poet, but here are a few thoughts that attempt to explain this quandary a little... in response to my last month spent in India.

What Words Just Can’t Say


An empty page still lies before me
Lord, I struggle with words tonight
My own seem so shallow, so frail
So inadequate to set it all right

Near are the memories and thoughts
Inexpressible, and yet they impart
Far more than the tongue can tell
As mirrors into the Father's heart

Words just can't say FAITH
When a little hand slips into yours,
A life full of future and of youth
Unhindered by worldly doubts and fears
With shining dark eyes believing truth

And words just can't say JOY
When small voices lift up their songs of praise
Our open arms find hugs and little hands
Eager and instant friendships form through a smile
And laughter comes from balloons and ... popsicle stands :P

And words just can't say STRENGTH
When the church is small, yet learning to stand
And as ominous clouds of opposition roll in
Faith and courage bring perseverance
As He continues to work in the hearts of men.


And words just can't say CHANGE
The blessed mystery when God moves inward
All defenses are broken, the gospel is made real
I learned to see His love and His truth
That goes far beyond what I can think or feel

And words just can't say LOVE
As Jesus permeates through all barriers
Strangers become family, bound by Him
Through worship, prayer, laughter and tears
All ... with a love that will never dim.

Sometimes, words just aren't enough.

Faith. Joy. Strength. Change. Love.

It’s meant to be LIVED.

"Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it altogether." (Psalm 139:4)



This entry was posted on Friday, June 19, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.