Author: Beth
•Sunday, May 30, 2010

God has been working in some pretty incredible ways lately. To give you a peek into what His hand has been doing in this heart of mine, I thought I would share something that became a lifeline a few weeks ago. These God-breathed words of Psalm 139 have defined my life lately. I'm also including my own jotted notes to give you a glimpse into how He has been using His Words to write another chapter in my life. As you read them, you might discover that He’s been writing a similar story in your life as well.


Oh Lord, you have searched me,
down into my very heartbeat
and you know me, my dreams, my desires, my every need.

You know when I sit and when I rise; yes, every single job that I have...
You perceive my thoughts from afar, ... knowing the lessons I must learn from them.

You discern my going out and my lying down; everything that consumes my energy.
You are familiar with all my ways. My full calendar has your writing all over it.

Before a word is on my tongue, especially as a writer who thrives by words...
You know it completely, O Lord. Especially these intimate things that words just can't say.

You hem me in - behind and before; steadying me when I am uncertain about the future
You have laid your hand on me. so that I will not waste this life.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, no other person understands me like this.
Too lofty for me to attain. Such intimate understanding is beyond human comprehension.

Where can I go from Your Spirit? Even if I feel like it, I am never alone.
Where can I flee from Your Presence? Never abandoned, forsaken, or "flying solo."

If I go up to the heavens, You are there. In the moments of happiness, smiles and laughter.
If I make my bed in the depths, You are there. In the tears, sorrow, and confusion.

If I rise on the wings of the dawn; on every single airplane ride
If I settle on the far side of the sea; in India, Mexico, Africa, or at home

Even there Your hand will guide me, as I step out in faith, clinging to You
Your right hand will hold me fast, when there is no one else to hold me.

If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me, and my fears will take over
and the light become night around me, and my faith will be shaken...

Even the darkness will not be dark to You; for You quiet my heart
The night will shine like the day, giving me hope and peace that I need
for darkness is as light to you. You see the big picture.

For You created my inmost being; assuring my salvation before I was born
You knit me together in my mother's womb, just as I am for a reason.

I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Your works are wonderful, I believe it.
I know that full well. You know what You're doing with me.

My frame was not hidden from You, Eternal wisdom formed this very life.
When I was made in the secret place. Nothing has escaped your notice.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, even there...

Your eyes saw my unformed body. Your eye was on me from the start.
All the days ordained for me Today, tomorrow, next week, next year...
Were written in Your book are already planned; why do I worry?
Before one of them came to be. I can live, truly LIVE because of this.

How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
If I were to count them, they are more than the sand.
I awake, and I am still with You.


That has been the story of my life lately. Yes, because He lives and reigns, I can face whatever tomorrow brings.

~ Beth


|
This entry was posted on Sunday, May 30, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.