Author: Beth
•Sunday, January 24, 2010


[continued from Part 1]

...You slip some traveling sandals on my feet.

Away we fly together to a faraway land.

I see a place I have only dreamed about. I looked into the dark eyes of human souls. I see colors and sights and faces that harmonize together to make a melody that sings right into the deepest part of my heart.

It is beautiful. It is heartbreaking.

Beautiful because I see a glimpse of Your glory. Of Your Bride. I see my brothers and sisters worshiping the same God that I know. I see the smile of a little child who understands the love of Jesus. I see the unity of heart and mind of a team who desires to bear Your Name. I see your Kingdom being advanced. My eyes well up with tears because of the beauty of it all.

Heartbreaking because I realize just how much I need to change. My heart is stretched all the way around the world. I look back across the ocean and see my own life from a perspective that I couldn’t see before. My eyes are opened to the needs of hundreds of thousands of people… and the needs of my own heart to seek You more fully.

I realize in a whole new way what it means to live.

I don’t want this to end. Ever.

You’re asking me to change my shoes again, God?

Ice skates.

Seriously?

God, its July now! Putting on skates now totally goes against the norm. I mean, I am perfectly content to walk around on the only solid ground that I know… why would I venture into the unknown, standing on nothing but a thin piece of metal? I’m still new at that sport, God. I’m wobbly, weak, and I always have to hang on to someone else. I…

*silence*

You’re right, God. You haven’t failed me yet. I need to stop complaining…and stop looking back.

Ice skates it is.

Ouch! It’s every bit as wobbly as I thought it would be. I don’t know what to think about this sensation. So much to think about! How do I coordinate myself on this slippery plane? Figuring out why I’m here and what You would have me to do next is every bit as disconcerting as this skating thing.

I feel like a little kid again. I have so much to learn!

Wow… You are such a wise Father. I’m so glad that You don’t listen to my petty grouchiness, but instead listen to what my heart really needs. This ice skating thing is still really hard, but there is something beautiful about it. My hands are stronger because I’ve been clinging so hard to You. My feet are more sure of themselves because You put me on the ice. Dare I say that it’s worth it? Even though it’s weird to be ice skating at this time of life, I’m so glad that You never let go. You’re just teaching me to work in harmony with You… to glide more gracefully through whatever season comes next. I couldn’t do that if I was so sure of myself. The only thing I can be sure of is You.

Now what, Lord?

The leaves are falling. It’s autumn now, and I’m ready to move forward. Maybe it’s time for a new pair of shoes?

I can feel You gently replacing the ice skates with something firm. Something hard. Something tight…


Read Part 1 ---- ~ ---- Read Part 3


|
This entry was posted on Sunday, January 24, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.