Author: Beth
•Saturday, February 07, 2009
Tonight, I sat working on homework and gathering pictures of children for a school project. Tonight, heard the familiar strains of “Jesus Loves Me” and smiled. Tonight, as so many times before, I passed the framed baby pictures on the wall.

But tonight, I read something which brought it all back into perspective. [ This news story ]was brought to my attention, and I read it first with horror and then with tears. (note: NOT for young readers)

It hit me with a new meaning what was going on outside the safety and comfort of our homes and the stained-glass windows of our churches.

ABORTION… the killing of innocent infant lives.

It’s easy to let myself become entranced with a “Christianese bubble” of emotional safety, only focusing on the positive and encouraging side of living a good Christian life… while largely ignoring the seriousness of the atrocities that are taking place in my homeland.

I am convicted.

When was the last time I prayed a serious and heartfelt prayer to END this nightmare? When is the last time that the seriousness of this matter gripped me so much that it moved me to tears? Has abortion really become so commonplace in society today, that it becomes a point of apathetic sympathy only when it happens to come to mind? Has it become so… normal?

That is a scary, horrifying thought.

I’m not about politics on this blog, but this is a matter that goes beyond political sentiment. It is a matter of life and death. It is a matter that should daily inflict every Christian with the burden to pray and to act righteously, justly, and mercifully on behalf of the ones who have no voice.

Approximately 3,700 babies died today in America alone. That is over two EVERY MINUTE … about the time it’s taken you to read this post.

I may not be able to do everything, but I can do something. With God’s help, I will not refuse to do the something that I CAN do.

May God have mercy.

~ Beth
|
This entry was posted on Saturday, February 07, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.