Author: Beth
•Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Name is Pride.
I am a cheater.
I cheat you of your God-given destiny
because you demand your own way.
I cheat you of contentment
because “you deserve better than this.”
I cheat you of knowledge
because you already know it all.
I cheat you of healing
because you are to full of me to forgive
I cheat you of holiness
because you refuse to admit when you are wrong.
I cheat you of genuine friendship
because nobody is going to know the real me
I cheat you of love
because real romance demands sacrifice
I cheat you of greatness in heaven
because you refuse to wash another’s feet on earth
I cheat you of God’s glory
because I convince you to seek your own.

My name is Pride. I am a cheater.
You like me because you think I’m always looking out for you.
Untrue! I’m looking to make a fool of you.

God has so much for you, I admit,
but don’t worry….
If you stick with me, you’ll never know.

(from Praying God's Word by Beth Moore)

|
This entry was posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.