Author: Beth
•Monday, March 30, 2009


… on a Monday.

Yes, yes, I know. My internal calendar is a little off. Actually, it feels like it should still be Saturday. Of February. Last year. =P I think I’m finally beginning to understand what people mean when they say “time flies as you get older.” Goodness.

Anyway, in between a hectic schedule of school, visiting with friends who are home on spring break, school, working in the office, school, being sick, school, church events, school, sleep, and school… here are a few things that have come my way.


Red Envelope Day. You may have heard of it. It’s a nationwide effort to remind those in authority that abortion is killing a life. Ever since my post a few months ago, I’ve been considering this topic more deeply and looking for ways to be involved. Here’s one way. I just put my red envelope in the mail today – and the rest of my family is doing the same. The catch is that they need to be in the mail by March 31st (tomorrow) – so do it soon!

I’m looking to buy a good camera. Any suggestions? My previous “point and shoot” camera had an unfortunate death last fall and I’m looking to upgrade within a budget. ;-) I want it to be good enough to shoot events – but small enough to travel well. If any of you photographers have ideas of what has worked well for you, drop me an e-mail.

There is a lot of wisdom in the blogs out there. I haven’t been “blogging” very long, but I’ve been an avid shadow lurker of many blogs out there for some time (Thank you, Google Reader, for helping me out!) For you girls reading, check out YLCF’s recent posts on Watch out for Wolves Part 1 and Part 2. – on the dangers of counterfeit relationships. Good stuff to know, even if you aren’t in that stage of life quite yet.

Ever had the feeling that Someone is watching you? This week, I’ve seen God answer prayers in some unique and creative ways. There is this envigorating confidence and trust that comes when God answers prayers even before we ask! Whether it is something that comes in the mail … encouragement from a friend … or God giving just enough light for one more step ... God has some incredible ways to show that He’s looking out for us. Have you seen Him today? Look around. He’s there.

I heard a good sermon yesterday. Actually, more than one. Worshipping with the family of God is wonderful. We had a guest pastor speak at our church, and he said something that has been resurfacing in my mind this morning. He said that God makes promises (oaths) not because His trustworthiness or character is in question, but because we have doubting minds. Think about it. Why do we make promises? It’s because we have to assure someone else (or ourselves) that we will do what we say. Pastor Selvaggio encouraged us to live in such a way that promises would not be necessary – our word would be valuable. When I think of all of God’s promises that I cling to, it is a reminder that God makes those for our benefit – not because He needs them, but because we have such little faith.

May Jesus become more real to you today.

~ Beth
|
This entry was posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.